2nd Saturday, Sept. 25, 10a.m., 2021 SLP 69
Well, it looks like the contractor working on SLP69 is behind schedule and will not be ready for our volunteer efforts by Saturday. As such, we are going to have to delay yet again. Our new target is Saturday morning 9/25 at 10 am.
This project is a trial of a joint effort between the City DPW and the Friends of the SLPs where we can help the City improve more SLPs by offsetting some of the labor costs. I am very hopeful that we will be able to pull this off. In order to do so, we will need a strong volunteer turnout, and thus I encourage you to join us on the 25th, and to bring others with you. I am trying to line up additional volunteers via the high school, alas that is a bit more of a challenge than I had expected.
So that I have a sense of potential turnout, please RSVP email@example.com if you are able to come and if you will be bringing a friend. Remember, this is not a young-kid-friendly project.
NOTE: E. BLITHEDALE WILL BE A TOTAL (INTENTIONAL) TRAFFIC JAM THAT MORNING DUE TO THE CITY'S EVACUATION EXERCISE. THIS IS WHY WE ARE NOT STARTING UNTIL 10AM.
Please try to join us Saturday the 25th and bring a friend! We will be helping the City keep costs down by placing much of the road base rock inside the steps as we have done elsewhere.
The good news is that this SLP is NOT STEEP, and thus moving the rock will be considerably less challenging than say SLP53 or some others have been. The bad news is that it is still a long walkway, and thus there will be a lot of buckets to move. This will be MUCH (!) easier if we have a good sized team because we can get a bucket brigade going and it will be fast and fun.
Please please please pencil Saturday Sept 11 9am - Noon on your calendar. We will confirm GO/NO GO later this week as I see what progress the contractor is making. If it is a GO I really hope for a good turnout.